Technical Account Manager – Job Description
Sales/Applications – CNC Tooling – Burnishing, Reaming, Carbide Drilling, PCD
Territory: Central Midwest – Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa
The Technical Account Manager, part of the Technical Sales Team, reports to the Business Development Manager and is responsible for sales and technical service functions within Monaghan Tooling Group. The Technical Account Manager will support our current client base and help to develop new ones by establishing and maintaining relationships through customer visits, product training and support before and after the sale. The Technical Account Manager actively pursues new projects and reviews current production for opportunities to help the customer and create new overall value by implementing our products and services.
The successful Technical Account Manager will have excellent technical skills through prior experience in machining and manufacturing. Strong trouble-shooting skills are required as well as a good understanding of feeds/speeds, how to indicate tooling and utilize basic problem-solving skills. Sales ability with a demonstrated history of prior cutting tool sales experience is preferred and will be strongly considered. Well organized with strong interpersonal skills, tech savvy, and analytical thinking. Successful candidate must think like an engineer and be able to communicate on a clear and high level to gain the trust and project the knowledge that Monaghan Tooling Group provides.
- Regular customer contact to develop and maintain relationships and follow up on leads.
- Review customer specifications and develop proposals.
- Evaluate applications and provide solutions on basis of customer needs utilizing core group of MTG suppliers and products.
- Participate in conference calls, virtual and on-site meetings with customers.
- Identify and develop new opportunities within existing accounts.
- Assist in the prospecting and procurement of new business opportunities.
- Participate in onsite and virtual customer or distributor training as required. (Lunch & Learns, site specific or webinar)
- Address technical questions pertinent to products and applications.
- Other duties as assigned but within the scope of this role.
- Exceptional background with a focus on machining and the ability to discuss complex technical requirements with customers.
- Manufacturing/Machine Shop experience – applications based.
- Inside or outside sales experience – metal cutting/finishing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong drive to succeed is essential to this position.
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities.
- Travel – Up to 75% weekly
- Proficient knowledge of general PC software applications. (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Attractive compensation package
- Company vehicle or car allowance
- Company expense account
- Company computer, cell phone
- 401k with match – profit sharing potential
- Health insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance – employee purchase
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off