Elliott Internal Recessing Unit for fast, efficient, and consistent machining of internal grooves concentric to bores. Minimize your cycle time while eliminating deflection and guaranteeing repeatability.
IRU Components & Operating Procedure
1. Location Pilot (OD ground to suit component bore)
2. Cutter (Replaceable on carrier arm)
3. Adjustment Stop Collar (Actuate IRU with adjustable length of up to .780”)
4. Operating Head Assembly
5. Limiting Nut (To set cutting diameter – manual operation only)
1) The recess system feeds into the work-piece with the pilot locating within the component bore.
2) The operating head or optional nose piece makes contact with either the component face or a fixture plate.
3) While feeding forward, the system is actuated, lifting the cutter exactly perpendicular to the axis of rotation at a 2:1 ratio.
4) This machines all features simultaneously, with perfect concentricity.
Radial cut depth can be controlled by the limiting nut bottoming out or by the CNC program controlling the tool’s feed-depth.